Pets are cherished on Longboat Key. Pet owners love to walk their pets along Gulf of Mexico Drive and in our parks. The Town has placed pet friendly water fountains in Joan M. Durante Park and along Gulf of Mexico Drive.
Pet license tags are to be renewed on an annual basis. Residents can register their pets and obtain a pet license through County licensing offices.
- Manatee County portion of Longboat Key
- Sarasota County portion of Longboat Key: (941) 861-9507
- $10.00 for altered pets over 1 year old
- $25.00 for unaltered pets
- $10.00 for puppies/kittens up to 1 years old
To purchase a license, you will need to provide a recent copy of the pet's Rabies vaccination from their veterinarian, along with the payment. The prices of the license are noted above. Offices are open Monday – Friday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. The administration office is closed on the weekends, but the adoption center is open and can assist with selling of a license. The adoption center is open on Saturday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm and on Sunday Noon - 2:00 pm.
Pet owners can also mail the correct information to Animal Services - 8451 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota, FL 34241.
Animal Services accepts cash in the correct amount, checks (payable to BOCC-Board of County Commissioners) and money orders, unfortunately at this time, they don’t accept any debit or credit cards.
If an owner’s pet were to lose an original license, within the same year, a replacement license at $5.00.
In order to insure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience on Longboat Key, the Town has established the following rules and regulations pertaining to pets:
- Animals are required to be on a leash
- Animals are not allowed on the beach
- Remove and properly dispose of animal waste
- No animals allowed on the beach.