coronavirus smallFor current information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please click here.

Planning & Zoning FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Does the Town of Longboat Key have a “light and air” ordinance?

  • Can I trim the mangroves located water ward of my property?

  • How can I determine what my property is zoned?

  • What happens if a non-conforming multifamily or tourism property is damaged or destroyed by a Hurricane or other natural disaster?

  • What if I cannot comply with a Zoning Code requirement? Can I request a variance?

  • What is a non-conforming land use or structure?

  • What is the difference between a Zoning Exception and Building Permit?

  • What is the maximum allowable height of a single-family residential structure?

  • What is the maximum allowable residential and tourism density permitted in the Town?

  • What kind of business can I open in the Town?

  • When am I required to obtain a Tree Permit from the Town for the removal of a tree?

  • Who should I contact if I have any other zoning or land development questions?